Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Read me stories....

What better way into someone's psyche than a glance into their library? I love books but can never find the time to sit down and read. Several years ago a friend of mine turned me onto Audible, i've been a subscriber of their Gold Membership since March 2014. The membership provides a credit per month redeemable towards any audiobook, unused credits roll over to the next month.  As I read through my thousand plus RSS feeds each day, any books of interest I find is added to my Wish List which is currently at 66 items.

Shot of my current library
Much of my listening is done while driving, at work or anytime I'm able to throw on my bluetooth headphones. I really enjoy biographies about businesses and tech tycoon's, modern or historic, as well as the occasional fiction/non-fiction stories. Anyways, i'll list them out here, they are in no particular order I recommend each of them. I'm currently 20 hours into a 32 hour biography titled Andrew Carnegie by David Nasaw, it's an incredibly detailed look into Mr. Carnegie and his businesses.

These books have been purchased and are in various states of completion, I tend to jump around between a few books at a time, for instance I've been listening to the Carnegie audiobook since about November but have completed several books below since that time.

Books in progress:

  • UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record by Leslie Kean
  • One Second After by William R. Forstchen
  • Law 101 by Jay M. Feinman
  • The Personal MBA Master the Art of business by Josh Kaufman
  • 52 Things Daughters need from their Dads by Jay Payleitner


Completed Biographies:
  • Empire: Howard Hughes The Life, Legend and Madness by Donald L. Barlett and James B. Steele
  • Elon Must by Ashlee Vance
  • Becoming Steve Jobs by Rick Tetzeli and Brent Schlender
  • Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
  • Failure is not an option by Gene Kranz
  • Wizard the Life and Times of Nikola Tesla by Marc J. Seifer
  • I am Spock by Leonard Nimoy
  • The Grand Slam; Bobby Jones, America and the Story of Golf by Mark Frost
  • American Sniper by Scott McEwan, Chris Kyle and Jim Defelice

Other titles i've completed since joining Audible:
  • Where's my Jetpack by Daniel H. Wilson
  • Marvel Comics the Untold Story by Sean Hoye
  • Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle that defined a generation by Blake J. Harris
  • The Innovators by Walter Isaacson
  • The Martian by Andy Weir
  • The fast track to your Technician Class Ham Radio License by Michael Burnette
Screen cap from my wish list on Audible.

As you can see history, biographies, and space exploration are a large portion of my library. I hope this gives anyone who might read this a bit of insight into me.

Thanks for reading.

Disclaimer: I personally purchased all the products mentioned in this post, I received no compensation to endorse them or link them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment