Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Why me?

I've decided to go against the masses and jump off the Facebook bandwagon, branch off and do my own thing. I'm done with how fake it is and all the "look at me". I realized it's a drama I no longer want or need in my life. I want a place where I can express my opinion and unique views of this amazing reality we inhabit.  We are all unique I've got an very interesting spin on the world around me. At some point during the mixing of my genetic material in late 1978, completely spontaneously I might add, my DNA decided it was going to add a fun mutation and give me the ability to not create collagen properly. That's manifested itself in a condition called Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI), specifically Type IV. But that's not something i've ever let get in my way, it's simply a set of challenges I've learned to adapt too.

I thought my twist of the world might interest someone, it seems to interest those I interact with on a daily basis. The questions I am asked are astonishing, everything from "can you have children?" (The answer is yes, I have two) to "You drive that car?", as i'm the only person exiting my automobile. I wanted to turn this blog into something along those lines, something that might answer those questions and give me a chance to cover topics I've had trouble finding. I'm very much a student in the school of life, always on a quest to learn. For instance, a few months ago I decided to get my Technician level HAM radio license. I pulled together resources and tools from all over but never saw these resources all in one place, studied and on February 22nd received my license; KE0HVC Monitoring! I'm hoping to do something like that here. Perhaps a product reviews  from the prospective of someone who uses a power wheelchair for mobility, i've been on a kick recently to make my chair more utilitarian and useful, an extension of myself, not something I just "ride around in". Perhaps I'll make that my first post outside of this introduction, a review of my Quantum Rival power wheelchair.

On that note, I'm done here, I hope to have my first none introduction post up in a few days. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment